HOW IoT IS USEFUL :
a. Machine Health Wearable : Track machine health for predictive maintainance. vibration,temp,sound & magnetic field using machine sensor.
b. Power factor-Power Quality :Track electrical line condition-sag,swell,harmonic,phase imbalance,ground noise and poor ground using electro sensor
c. On Spot Mobile diagnosis : Smart phone app for local diagosis-sound & image captured by smart phone.
d. Digital-Blank Board : Pull data from PLC or any sensors to cloud to provide analytics
CHALLENGES / FAULTS IN FACTORIES TODAY
1.Lack of shop-floor-to-top-floor insights
- Productivity ,machine utilization,tracking,energy cost,machine health inefficient/unsafe machine operation etc.
2.Technology to Monitor machines is not new…but
- Expensive today
- Not Coninuous
- Experts required to interpret results & Suggest actions
- Stops entire production line to run diagostics
3.Most machines in factories are old,Need more maintainance than new and hence retrofit is must,So…Most factories do today Run to failure or Routine Maintainance (time based)
9.Belt drive problems
17 Rotar rubs
19.Actuator in Robot
20.Hydraulic + aerodynamic forces.
WHAT DO FACTORIES NEED
- Lower Maintainance Cost
- Increase Asset Utilization
- Extend Equipment Life
- Reduce Un-scheduled downtime
- Prevent Equipment Failures
- Safe & reliable factory operation
- Lower Energy Expenditure
- Indentify Under-performing Assets